There are many ways to "give back" to your community. One BIG way is to volunteer your time. You can go for a one-time event or choose to be a part of the community on a regular basis. Here are a few ways for you to jump in:
- Volunteer with the UL Lafayette Office of Sustainability and help out with the Zero Waste program on Ragin' Cajun gamedays.
- Second Harvest Food Bank is looking for volunteers to help feed those in need.
- The UL Lafayette Campus Cupboard is a wonderful resource for students, faculty, and staff who need help. They can always use volunteers and donations.
- New Hope Community Development of Acadiana has great opportunities for tutoring young children.
- Catholic Charities of Acadiana have plenty of opportuinities with sites like St. Joseph's Diner for an individual or small group to make a difference and do good.
- Want the perfect spring or summer day? Volunteer with our Lafayette Habitat for Humanity.
- The United Way of Acadiana always has a thing or two happening.
Have something that you want to tell people about? Let me know.